Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Second Gobbler down

Old 04-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Second Gobbler down

This hunt kinda sucked a little... Me and the guy i was with when we shot double last wed, were hunting together again today... Well he new a spot were there might be a couple birds and he was right... We were sitting on a old logging road just waiting to hear one gobble when around 5:45am one goes off about 100 yards away just off the loggin road... Well we make a move and get set up and birds gobblin good on roost and we set up maybe 75 yards from bird... Well the bird goes quiet on the roost and I'm sure he's on the ground and I'm scanning the woods like a mofo lookin for movement and i see the bird out in front of me at about 40-45 yards... I tell my buddy i see him and he says were.... So i knew he didnt see bird... Well the bird is acting a little funny and I just felt like he wasent going to be there long so I had a clear shot and I let the ol 870 SM do it's work... Dropped bird in it's tracks!!! Anyhow after all the excitement was kinda over I felt like I should not of shot the bird... Instead of being happy I was at a lost for words... I guess Im so use to hunting by myself and not worring about who's going to be the shooter... I'm so used to hunting public land and not playing with these birds... I believe in "you think long you think wrong"

But anyhow I got another nice Gobbler... He was 22lbs also and had 1" curved pointy spurs and just shy of 10.5" beard...

Hopefully the pics will be up tomorrow of both birds

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 04-21-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats Mr Longbeard
Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Awesome job
Old 04-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on the 2nd bird.....
Old 04-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet Mr, Longbeard,good job. He did not see it but you did sounds like you did the right thing before neither of you had a shot.I'm sure he will get another chance,you are free to go and call for him now. Good Hunting
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job on the gobbler. I know what you are saying about public land hunting, it's all I do.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Its a tuff call when you are not by yourself, but it sounds like you made the right decision. Congrats on your second turkey
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Good Bird!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

your folding them up !
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
your folding them up !

Yea Not doin bad... Im goin out again this week end and hunt with my buddy... Maybe I can help him get his second bird...