Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Saw several this morning...

Old 02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Saw several this morning...

Went out scouting for the first time at one property this morning and saw a group of about a dozen jakes and also saw one good gobbler! Of course, I wish all the jakes were mature, but turkeys are turkeys. And, the one gobbler was a pretty nice one! This next month is going to drag along...guess I'll just have to keep scouting to make it pass faster.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heard one of the jakes gobble one time, but no gobbling other than that.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Sounds like next years going to be real good! Always like seeing jakes.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I took a trip Monday in Michigan and found a bachelor group of 10 toms all 2 yr olds or better........Now to figure where they will be April 23!

JW
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
neb
Typical Buck

That is a good deal. I haven't seen very many just haven't did much looking yey.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 AM
JW
Super Moderator

The day before in Wisc. I found a bachelor group of 5 Toms - again all 2 yr olds or better based on beard length. There was one Dandy in that group!

They are there - I key around dairy farms at this time of yr.

JW

Last edited by JW; 02-29-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
I took a trip Monday in Michigan and found a bachelor group of 10 toms all 2 yr olds or better........Now to figure where they will be April 23!

JW
Man! That's a lot of mature birds, especially when you throw in the ones you saw in WI! Sounds like you should have a dandy year ahead of you.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 3 strutters on my way to work this morning about 2 miles from my house. They were just there at the side of the road. I had to do a double-take. Got me pumped!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I was watching my usual honey hole and there were six good mature toms there consistently almost every evening. Third day hunting, I had four hit the ground off the roost, all within shooting range. One of them decided to strut across in front of me at 20 yards and I dropped him.

In December, I was deer hunting on a wildlife refuge area (legally in a lottery drawing) and watched a group of turkeys fly down from the roost on the next hill over from me. A red hawk kept swooping down at them and each time they would all let out a big gobble.... Gobbling in December...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Good times are heading are way! Good luck to everyone this spring!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.