Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey With A Bow

Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 PM
car
Typical Buck

I've done it both ways. While it is harder to get by with drawing your bow back, I wait until the tom is in full strut and when his fan blocks my drawing my bow. Now here is the kicker. If you have more than one tom there or other turkey in general trying to draw back with all of those eyes is almost impossible. This year I'm going to be using Bullheads for the first time.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

My first turkey ever was with a bow with out a blind.. But, that was during our fall hunt as I didn't have any luck during our spring hunt that year. I scattered them and choose a spot for them to group back up at.. It worked out good for me. But that was a hen which was legal during the fall hunt.