Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Best blind for short hunter

Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default Best blind for short hunter

I'm looking for a good blind for turkey hunting. My gf is gonna start hunting for the first time this spring. She's 5'3" and I'd like a blind where she could shoot out the windows while seated. We will be using shotgun only. Most iv seen seem like windows would be to high. Just thought I'd see what everyone thought. Thanks alot
Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Good question my daughter is starting this spring and she is the same height and I want to put her in a ground blind so she can move around a bit and make some mistakes but still not get busted!
I started behind a low duck blind worked like a charm for my first two Tom's but I would like a weather resistant kind of set up for her.
Not trying to baby her but I want the first experience to be good one to get the bug flowing you know what I mean?
I would sit there pouring rain -10 Celsius and be a happy as a pig in s..t cause I am turkey huntin but not everyone likes that!!!!
Treebeard
Old 01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to get into a pretty decent ground blind for the least amount of money check out the Ameristep Doghouse blinds. I bought one on ebay for less than $60 delivered. Pretty light to pack around in the backpack carrying case that comes with it and is a dream to setup and take down.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Spike

Ya iv had one of those before. Cost isn't so much an issue as much as maybe some lower windows. I may just take her to cabelas and we can sit in a few
Old 01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

I picked up a Lucky Blind last year, I purchased the The Eliminator blind.
The windows are 24" from the ground and is only 4 ft tall. It was $199, but you do get what you pay for.
Its solid and the fabric is thick.
I also picked up a ALPS OutdoorZ Turkey Chair.
...and I don't work for the company

http://www.luckyshuntingblinds.com/