Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

PA Archery and Turkey Hunters

Old 08-10-2003, 05:30 PM

Default PA Archery and Turkey Hunters

I hunt both and I am sure that there are others that do too. My question is what are you planning on doing when the seasons overlap. I know if I don' t have a buck by then I am gonna have a really tough decision on what to hunt. Plus, those are some of the best days for hunting deer[:' (]
Old 08-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Archery and Turkey Hunters

We have a small group who always work together when it comes to huntin.When the fall turkey season rolls around those of us who have filled their deer tags go after turkey. When we get birds goin we' ll go get the guys huntin deer.After they fill their turkey tags they can go back to deer huntin.Adrian has seen this system work first hand.I think he likes it.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I often hunt with olmossy, and I will struggle with the same thing. Although last year i had my buck b4 turkey, i still didnt get a bird. But this year i have gotten alot mroe into it after having several close calls with a gobbler this spring. As my dad would say , when a tom gobbles to ur call " It jsut fuels my fire" . But im sure someone in our group will have a buck by then , and well jsut take both turkey and deer hunting stuff to the woods , and if the birds are found we jsut change weapons.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

That' s simple for me, I just carry the turkey calls with me to the treestand. Not only does the bow add a challange but also does the elevated position the birds seem to pick out...lol

Besides, in my area I still have a week to hunt turkeys once the bow season ends in Nov.