Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Done for 2011 Alabama Turkey Season

Old 04-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Done for 2011 Alabama Turkey Season

Well it's over for me for 2011 despite a week left in the season. Can't complain. Heard plenty of gobbling, put in many a mile chasing (which I needed to get my a$$ is better shape), and came away with two decent Toms. Messed up on another by not being patient enough, but he did put on a show strutting to his gals. Passed on 4 Jakes. Was there when good buddy of mine took is first .... that was great fun. And came across a monster timber rattler. When I figure out how to post the photo, I will.

Now it is time to start working on fall deer hunting. Will be working on blinds, scouting and moving a few un-productive ladders here pretty soon to hopefully better locations. Got a lot of chain saw work to do. Spring storms have laid tress down all over the place where I hunt, blocking many of our woods roads.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! Sounds like you had a great season.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean, we got tember down all over our area from the storms in Indiana. The creeks,rivers and ditches are full of flood waters with more rain coming in today. Glad you got a Turkey in the pot,congratulations.