Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ameristep' s Doghouse Blind On Sale!

Old 07-24-2003, 03:41 PM

Default Ameristep' s Doghouse Blind On Sale!

I just received an Ameristep Doghouse blind today from www.natchezss.com. Go to their website and type in the " Find" box MC815N. They have the new style Doghouse (even though the pic shows the old style) with ShadowGuard liner, Durashell outer fabric with Edge ReLeaf in Mossy Oak' s Break-Up camo for $79.86. They have the same thing in Ameristep' s Tangle camo for $10 less but for only 10 bucks more, I went with the proven Mossy Oak camo shell. As I' ve posted on here before, my nephew killed a turkey the last two spring seasons hunting out of one of these with his pre-school aged son with him both times and his brother-in-law with them this spring. Last year he got his bird in the rain, yet they stayed dry inside the blind. His success made a believer out of me enough to purchase my own blind. That being said, I' m not one to sit in one place long so why you might ask would I want a blind to tie me down to one spot? I got it mainly for foul weather. I sat in the truck for about 4 1/2 hrs. one morning back in April while it was raining and I could hear birds gobbling when the thunder rolled in the distance. It wasn' t easy to sit there and wait out the rain but I' m not real fond of getting soaked to the skin, but I got a bird that morning anyway after it cleared off. But with this blind, I won' t have to sit it out in the truck anymore provided it' s not lightning close by. They are the thing to have for bowhunting turkeys or taking along a child. I will use it for deer season also when the weather isn' t fit to be sitting in a treestand. Anyway, if you' re in the market for a ground blind, here' s your chance to get the latest from Ameristep at what I think is a reasonable price.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ameristep' s Doghouse Blind

Thanks for the post MTT!!![8D]
Old 08-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ameristep' s Doghouse Blind On Sale!

Great post!!!! Thanks for that link as well!! I' m like you about the rainy weather, maybe I should think about getting one of those blinds as well!!
Old 08-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ameristep' s Doghouse Blind On Sale!

I tell ya...after last Spring I' m strongly considering a blind to keep me dry!