Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tick Defense

Old 07-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tick Defense

Here is a good idea that a friend showed me when I hunted in VA. When you get back to your truck or cabin, take a lint roller adn roll it over your clothing, it removed every tick that was crawling on me. It really works well.
Just a tip to help keep you healthy, Pat
Old 07-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tick Defense

good ideathanks for sharing
Old 07-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great idea Pat thanks for sharing that for sure ...BT
Old 07-20-2003, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pat that is a great tip!What alot folk dont realize is that them dang little blood suckers can live hidden in your camo for extended periods of time out of the woods!Turkey season was over almost 2 weeks this year when I found a tick crawling on me after i had just handled my camo jacket!Making an attempt to remove them before you store your camo by treating them with chemical or with your innovative idea can prove to be a very worthy idea!!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

After this past season, permethrin is first in my line of tick defense. That stuff seems to work pretty well. I may try the lint roller tip on any gear/clothes that aren' t treated tho, cuz I HATE TICKS!
Old 07-22-2003, 03:15 PM

great tip pat. here is some stuff nc hunter turned me onto the us military uses it. it' s permanone. you spray it on your boots blind and ect. but not skin it last for two wks and is effective against skeeters,ticks,chiggers and so forth. walmart carries it; it is labeled by repel.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Great idea,I usually use a 3M product,It' s called Ultra-Thon that seems to do the trick for keeping the ticks at bay,I just spray it around my ankles.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Permanone is Repel' s trade name for permethrin. Don' t know about Ultra-Thon. Permanone/permethrin is Good Stuff...
Old 07-23-2003, 09:13 AM

A great idea !!! I train pointing dogs all summer long, so I fight ticks all the time, not only in the spring when hunting turkeys. I' m definitely going to try this idea. There are times when I could fill a roller with those little buggers, so I hope it sticks the ticks like you suggest. [8D]
Old 07-24-2003, 03:00 PM

The ticks around here were unreal this past spring. The only defense I found against them was to just not get in any grass taller than your boot tops! But hey, these are some great ideas here for fighting off those nasty little critters!

Quick Reply: Tick Defense

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.