Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 07-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One shot-two kills

I hate to start here Ed. but myself ,
100% make sure there is no other bird in the line of fire. As I can see the bird I intend to aim at and the others around ,I pick my shooting lane well in advance of the shot. When Turkeys are in range there is not panic to shoot fast...BT
Old 07-12-2003, 09:04 AM

this is a very good post, and this is one of many reason I got out of guideing for
hire, accident happen, we all assume this risk when we set foot out looking for
what ever game, but it was just some of the attitudes of clients that could really
care less that killed my spirt, there are some things I have no control over, and
one is when someone else discide to pull the trigger, you can never take a shot
back, but if a person does make a mistake, have moral obbligation that it never
happen again, it' s people that dont care that scare me, []
Old 07-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That kind of hunter is the reason I will no longer allow turkey hunting on my ranch . I understand accidents happen ,but it seems to be no big deal for some people .
Old 07-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

find the one with the biggest hooks n beard and kick the other one under a log like nothing happend...kick spme leaves on it maybe a branch with leaves to hide it until im gone....its only a turkey!..............sike.....thats what alot of guys would do id bet....but i dont shoot until i know theres only one....i passed up a shot on 3 jakes my first year because i was afraid to hit more then one of them.....5 years later i just took my first turkey......do i regret it?? nope....never....i look back and smile....i was a smart 12 year old.....and im a smart 16 year old now......saftey is my number one concern when im out there....and im not one to break the law.....i just wouldnt let it happen in the first place.....
Old 07-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I love these ?. I know in a perfect world this would never happen but guess what guys and gals. We dont live in a perfect world[] This has not happened to me but if it did I would be making two trips from the woods that day I have big shoulders so fire away...
Old 07-26-2003, 02:39 AM

a few years back,I was working a longbeard,he went across the property line onto property I had no permission to go onto.
after watching him for 15 or 20 , calling him.to my left I heard a putt.I looked and saw another nice bird,in a thick cutdown.I eased my gun up(he was only 15 yards away) I took the shot,jump up and got to the bird.just to the left and 10 yards away,behind him was the second bird,another long beard.he was laying flat on his back.(there was only a couple of shots in the head.I never even knew he was anywhere around.they were both nice birds(8" beards,18 and 18 1/2 lbs,3/4" spurrs.

that is the only time I have taken two with one shot.we can take two birds in the spring.I took both birds to the truck.never though about leaving one.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would be walking out with both birds, even if it was a hen and i' d accept whatever punishment i had too......of course i' d try to get fl.huntress to claim one first , lol......
the day i called her in a jake , she couldnt find the beard, she freaked, there was something sticking out of his chest, but it wasnt a beard, pine needles or grass, i dont remember......we had to ask ourselves what we were going to do, but then there it was , this lil beard hiding....3 inches....but we would of taken it in, it would of been hard, and she would of become the talk of the town, but we have to be responsable for our actions as ethical hunters.....i know she should of let the jake walk, but she wants meat first ,then she' ll be selective......
Old 07-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there was another bird close behind, I wouldn' t take the shot. I' d wait for a clear shot at a single bird, and if that didn' t happen, I would call it an awsome experience and try to fill my tag another day. Its a 1 bird season here, and last year I had two toms come in, right next to each other. It seemed like an eternity while both of them were trying to impress my deke, but I didn' t pull the trigger until they finally separated. That was my first gobbler that I had called in and shot, and I' m glad I didn' t make it two. Some people brag about two birds with one shot, but unless its legal and what you really want to do, thats too bad.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

...Sorry im with Mr Longbeard....except i would just make one trip....ive got big shoulders also...
......and yes i know it bad ethics....

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.