Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Toms still strutting

Old 06-26-2003, 09:13 PM

Default Toms still strutting

I had a bread route driver tell me this morning that he saw 2 separate gobblers still strutting with hens early today. Guess some of them old boys just don' t know when to give it up! Makes me wish the spring season wasn' t 10 months away!
Old 06-27-2003, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Toms still strutting

I don' t doubt it at all!! I' ve seen them doing that the first week in july a couple of years ago!!! Amazing aint it!! Just goes to show how many hens are out there!!
Old 06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve not seen any strutting but I heard one gobble last Sunday morning.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have seen the domesticated one of my buddies struttin' ....i haven' t seen one in the woods struttin in awhile.......
Old 06-27-2003, 07:56 AM

Makes me wonder if we start the seasons too early. Anybody know all the factors in determining season dates?
Old 06-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

I saw a long beard strutting just this week. Another one of those places I can' t hunt...... Hey sour01 how is the moving business......
Old 06-27-2003, 11:16 PM

Makes me wonder if we start the seasons too early. Anybody know all the factors in determining season dates?
I don' t think the seasons are too early, a lot of the breeding is done before hand and the ones who breed during and after are usually smarter birds, thus ensuring a better gene pool. But the Tom' s are always wanting to breed just like most males. Deer and Elk technically start the " Rut" when they start growing antlers.Just the Does/ Cows don' t come in until later and that starts the peak of the rut. Don' t most Guys you know are always looking to breed?
Old 06-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still a few around the area strutting here. I sure hope the poults have a good hatch...BT
Old 07-02-2003, 06:12 PM

it get' s me worried[] may mean some hen' s could be working on there 3rd
cluch, if that' s the case they could be doomed the up coming winter here in the
north[X(] well thats nature
Old 07-02-2003, 06:53 PM

We have had a terrible hatch. i have seen very few poults compared to the amount that I normally see. There are still gobblers strutting here, I watched 3 strut in a field on Monday.

Quick Reply: Toms still strutting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.