Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Waited 30 years for this picture!

Old 05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
Congrats... glad the hard work & time paid off! Beautiful bird.
I have a regular full strut mount on my largest. This is the only pic of it I have handy and it doesn't do it justice... very nice mount though..
Thanks! Beautiful mount you have there! I'm not big on the full strut mounts but that might change my mind!

Originally Posted by Robbi
Nice Bird!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
About how much are full body mounts running these days? And what do you need to do with the bird? Can you breast out the meat, or will that mess it up? Just wondering.

Nice bird man!
Thank You, I was quoted $640.00 from an extremely talented shop I've used in the past for deer. They will freeze dry the head and that also includes a basic base set-up. My buddy had the breast meat taken from his when he dropped it off - but my bird is frozen so not sure I'll have a choice?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome! Congrats on a great first bird!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first bird! I helped a buddy get his first yesterday and I'm sure he's hooked for life now. I kinda feel like a drug dealer getting someone hooked!?!?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first gobbler! A VERY nice one at that!!! I'm definitely gonna have one mounted some day - first I gotta kill one though! This would be a cool permanent thread with others to share their mount pics and stories as well! It was really a fun thread to read!

Kim
Old 05-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird! That is definetly something to be proud of. I just shot my 6th tom, and it was the very first one to have a bear longer than 9" (10") and heavier than 20lbs (21#). You've already conquered that. Congrats!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a very nice bird.