Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Not the best way to start

Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not the best way to start

Well no luck this week...Yesterday was the opening day of my last Arkansas youth season..me and dad heard two bird's..One of them we were going to walking on the edge of some timber when I heard dad say OOOH!!I looked over and their was a kid waven so dad and me left and left them to hunt alone..than we went aways over and listned heard a bird went out never gobbled again..this morning I went outside and heard a bird right off me and dad drove over nothen than we went to a different spot and their musta beena trap shoot cause we heard over 250 shot's after a while of hearen the shots I started listenen and ntoiced a jake gobbling after EVERY shot whoda thought they'll gobble to a gunshot but wont even peep to a call what luck...

Missori Youth Season next week and I have real high hope's for it wish me BAD LUCK!!seems to be what helps me lol last turkey season spilled coffee on me and fell in a creek killed my first this deer season HOT weather alot of noice still killed one lol
Old 04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Next time you find an area with a gobbler try setting up and staying put with a decoy out and calling every 10- 20 min. he may just come back even several hours later when he is lonely.