Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

"Started" my season today.....

Old 03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default "Started" my season today.....

Well I am on this website constantly lately just passing the time before season gets here on May 1st in NY. I read all these posts about you guys killing birds already and I just couldn't take it anymore.
I went out and made my pre-season rounds. I hunt the same land every year and are good friends with the owners and even related to one, but I still ask every single year to be polite. So this afternoon I went to the 4 land owners at the different areas I can hunt and got permission. 2 of the farmers even had some good reports to give me on seeing some good toms and where and when they work certain fields. Very helpful!
So I decided to take a little walk on one of the properties and scout. Plenty of sign and on the way out I walked up on a long beard and 7 hens. They just fed out in front of my at about 75yrds. I snuck out and headed back home and now i have the itch more than ever. I love this time of year and this sport! April is going to take forever to pass by. Good luck with your seasons guys! Any success stories or scouting stories would be great to read if you want to post!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

That sounds like fun! That'll be me in the next week or so haha scouting and watching the gobblers all around here!!!
BigBuck95
Old 04-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Spike

i killed a nice bird today
Old 04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

my season opens this weekend (my last youthseason) hopefully I'll have some luck...good to hear someone haven luck scouten