Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Grand Slam

Old 02-26-2010, 04:36 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Default Grand Slam

Season is getting closer and I was wondering how many people on here have their grand slam, how many are going to try and finsh up this year. How many are in the process or plan on starting and how many have no desire to complete the grand slam.

I completed my grand slam in 2008 with my shotgun. I would like to complete it with my bow next. I have the eastern and merriam with bow. Should have my rio but didn't shoot straight that weekend.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

As you know, I am headed for leg 3 of my slam, Osceola, in a few weeks with the same guy that helped you with yours! Already lining up the Rio trip for 2011...Family trip to Kansas!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Spike

So far all I have are several Iowa Easterns. But in late April me and two buddies head to Nebr. for a Merriams with shotgun for two days then from there drive down to Texas to bowhunt Rios for two days. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can take one of each! Someday I may do the Osceola if I can convince my wife to let me go while we are visiting her parents house in Ft. Myers.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

1995 I completed it and have done a number of them since. I really don't care if I ever did it again.

Good Luck to you all,it is something you'll feel proud of...
Old 02-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

Finished up my first slam in 08. Next I would like to either take a Gould's, or take a slam all in the same year. The Eastern, Merriams and Rio is no big deal with me living in MN. MN. for an Eastern, SD for a Merriams, and Kansas for a Rio, all within a days drive, but that Osceola is pricey and far away. Won't happen this year, but maybe I can swing it next year if work picks up some.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

First in 2006. I'm not interested in doing it again. Just to pricey for an Osceola. My wife needs a Rio and a Osceola for hers. We may try and finish it one day.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:00 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to mention that my 7 year old son has his rio and eastern. If all goes well we are going to NE for his merriams and then off to FL for the osceola in 2011 or 2012.

You guys are right, the osceola is pricey but it sure is a great feeling of accomplishment. Good luck to all!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blackheel
As you know, I am headed for leg 3 of my slam, Osceola, in a few weeks with the same guy that helped you with yours! Already lining up the Rio trip for 2011...Family trip to Kansas!
That's great man, I bet you get it done with him. While you are there you gotta eat Fat Boys BBQ, it's good!! Ask Billy about his gator hunts too, I din't ever think much about doing that but I did and it was awesome. Good luck!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not knocking any of you for wanting to complete a slam, but I have no interest in doing it. I just love to turkey hunt, and Easterns and Rio's will do me just fine. Killing a wary Eastern is plenty enough accomplishment for me. If someone invited me for a Merriams or Osceola hunt I sure as heck wouldn't turn it down, but I already spend enough money hunting deer, ducks, and chasing Easterns here at home and Rio's in Texas. Good luck with your slams.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Spike

Default Slams

I have several that include Gould's and Ocellated and birds from New Zealand, best bird hunting there is. By the way, I have way more than 4 posts on here, but repeatedly I have had issues with things from usernames to you name it and they have had me change this or that and all of my posts were lost, oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.