Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Decoy Suggestions

Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by snewton_89
I did some searching and couldn't find any information. I have been using cheap rubber decoys with plastic stakes that don't hold their form well and frequently fall over. I have been looking at decoys, but can't decide which ones to get. I looked at the carry lite, but I move around quite a bit and have read reviews that say it is not for running and gunning. I am leaning towards the Primos B-Mobile w/ She Mobile. I just saw the Primos Killer B today. Is it worth the extra money? Do I need to get a feeding hen as well?

Thoughts/suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
they are compact, break down and up in less than a minute and are perfect for the run and gunner.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Spike

I didn't want this to turn into a price/quality thread. I was just looking for some good decoys that would get me started. I was looking to spend around $100 and was stuck on the B-Mobile and Killer B. I think I'm going to go with the Killer B, She Mobile, and a feeding hen. Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Over the years I've tried decoys made by Delta, Carry-Lite, Feather-Flex, and the wobble head variety. I've seen the "hard Body" decoys such as the Dave Smith's, and I have come to prefer the foam or fexible rubber plastic style for easier toting and storing. Feather flex just came out with a new style jake with a much improved looking head, I may end up getting one of those for this spring season. I already have two Feather flex hens now. Check in the Midwest catalog for some awesome decoy bags put out by AW.

http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/det...cc=T&dn=1&link=
Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by fingerz42

Back to decoys, I've had gobblers come running to decoys that were $20-30... what more can I ask? That the gobbler takes my decoy and runs off with it..? How much better can a decoy perform than to bring in gobblers on a run..? I'll save the extra $120 and buy myself something else I need.
WOW!!!! save your 20 bucks & buy yourself something you need. Anyone can make a gobbler come runnin with NO decoys.
Some prefer to use a better decoy so they can hold birds while taping & enjoying the show.
If I was concerned about the money I'd use a slingshot & dirt clod for a decoy.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go;

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...box.jsp.form23

All you need............................
Old 03-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Talkin Turkey
WOW!!!! save your 20 bucks & buy yourself something you need. Anyone can make a gobbler come runnin with NO decoys.
Some prefer to use a better decoy so they can hold birds while taping & enjoying the show.
If I was concerned about the money I'd use a slingshot & dirt clod for a decoy.

Again, I'll remind you that I use a pretty penny and a she-mobile and I DO video tape my hunts. I've had zero trouble with having the gobblers come in and hang out while I got footage of them. If you're trying to imply someone needs $150 decoys to have a successful hunt you're dead wrong my friend.

Although, you must be the turkey GOD, given that your name is turkey talker and all.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by fingerz42

Although, you must be the turkey GOD, given that your name is turkey talker and all.
little testy huh.
Now your name, fingers fortwo sounds a little g-y.
We all know any decoy will work, it's called a choice.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Spike

B-mobile is at least less bulky than the Carrylite,I have used both, But, once I've got thru the mid morning point and want to get up and go, I use the collapsible Delta hens. Way easier to carry and easy enough to set up. Mind u, where I hunt I probably will not see another turkey hunter, so, I leave the B-mobile there and go for a walk, come back to it in a couple of hours, and see what decides to show up around noon and later. Had some success with that, but, I don't have other hunters to put up with or worry about.