Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Danner Boots reviewed

Old 06-11-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Danner Boots reviewed

I bought a pair of Danner Pronghorns just in time for my season. They are noninsulated but have a Gore-tex waterproof liner. These boots have all leather lowers, Cordura Uppers and a Vibram Outsoles. The Tread is not as agressive as a Rocky Boot, but durring a slip on a wet side hill they caught quick and held fast.
I love them! They are quite a bit lighter than my old Rocky bearclaws and almost feel like sneekers on your feet. The main thing that sold me on them is that they are noninsulated and light. I campared them to one of Rockys noninsulated boots and thought that the Rocky was a little heavier. The other selling factor was the all leather lowers. I feel that the leather lowers will wear better than say Rockys Mostly Cordura lowers. Only time will tell. I can' t complain to much about my old Rocky Bearclaws either. I got five good years of use out of them and they are still in good shape. I would still be using them today but they seamed to have shrunk on me over the years. One other thing of course is Insulation, My feet don' t like it, unless I am Ice fishing. So if any of you guys or gals are thinking about new boots I would Highly recommend Danner ProngHorns. Lastly was Price, I paid about $145.00 for the Danners Including Tax. Not to bad of a deal.

Old 06-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Danner Boots reviewed

Thanks for the update Jerry on the boots ,, I just maybe looking into them myself...BT
Old 06-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Danner Boots reviewed

Sounds like a great pair of boots you bought there Jerry!! Thanks for the in-field report!!