Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

mossburg grandslam

Old 12-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default mossburg grandslam

has any one used the 835 grandslam yet thinking about buying one but want to know what people think. Is it drilled for scope?
Old 12-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grand Slam I haven't, but I do have a 835 for the last 13 years, just deadly on the turkeys. I use Indian Creek Choke, Hevi-Shot 13, 3.5", 2-1/4oz. #6
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope... I'm a Remington fan... Ever since I seen my buddy shoot his mossberg 500 with factory turkey choke shoot his gun a 20 yards with Win HV turkey loads and only get like 3 hits in the vitals... I pretty much thought "what a piece of ####"...

Then I put my NEF 10ga up against a guy I worked with who had one of the very first 835 ulti mags and at 40 yards his gun was only getting like 2-3 hits in the vitals... My poor mans turkey gun was getting like 8... I pretty much thought the same thing again lol

I'm sure the newer guns are much better... But Remington has never let me down so I see no need to change...

Good luck with your mburg
Old 12-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not used the Grandslam, but have used several 835's. With its overbored barrel it is easily one of the better patterning shotguns made. If you want it to throw a really wicked pattern polish the barrel.