Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Input fast please :)... Red dot scopes

Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well at first I cought my self getting ready to put my 2 cents in about not putting a scope on a turkey gun... Then I thought to my self... He didn't ask if he should put one on or not... So I just kept my opinion to my self...

So with that being said... I wouldn't put a scope on mine either...
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Tru Glo Gobble Stopper is THE best sighting system I've EVER used on a turkey shotgun! I love the multi reticle and the ability to choose from Green to Red in a simple turn of a dial! I also love the outside circle to use as a range finder.... if a strutter is framed by the outside reticle circle..... SHOOT!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

i will never buy another truglo after the first i put on my 870

i have a bushell red/green dot that i absolutly love
Old 12-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I don't use a scope for turkeys, but I have a Tru Glo on my sons slug gun that I love. I'd definately recommend it.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm actually a bit surprised that some of you don't like optics, especially on a turkey gun. It just seems that I've seen and hunted with folks that have missed numerous Gobblers because they didn't line up their sights properly..... never have this problem, or this excuse, with a quality Red Dot.

Of ALL the game we hunt, it would seem that the critter that presents the smallest target ( a turkey head is a small as they come) would demand the most precise shooting. With todays super tight turkey chokes shooting only a fist sized shot group at close range.... I wan't optics.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have a trijicon dot on one of my turkey getters and I love it. Best part, NO BATTERIES.

Little more expensive, but it is built a lot tougher.