Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Think it' s a sign?

Old 05-30-2003, 06:33 PM

Default Think it' s a sign?

Well I really think I' m not ment to get a turkey this year. I missed one, had another one get shot by my buddy(I asumed he was going to shoot the gobbler to his left not the one in front of me[:@]), and had a dozen or more birds that didn' t offer a shot, but today I put the icing on the cake. on my way out hunting this morning the tread on the passenger rear tire of my Bronco let-go and sent me end over end four times down a rock bank to land in a WAY TOO COLD stream. totaled every thing except me! I walked/ swam away with out a scratch. Now With just one more day left I am left with no truck and still no turkey, but I guess I' ll have to be satisfied with my life.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:13 PM

Default RE: Think it' s a sign?

Wow thakfully your alright. As for the omen, I' d say stay home and surf the couch, but then again maybe someone upstairs is seeing how persistant you are? Better luck next time out.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:37 PM

Damn,man that is tough.glad you OK.
theres always next year.then again with your luck(walking,and swmming away) tomorrow maybe the day.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm....I would say forget the omen!!! You may be the luckiest guy in the world!!!

I have heard of people getting killed in accidents where the vehicle was barely scratched. Your' s was totaled!!?? Shoot go buy yourself a lottery ticket and borrow a vehicle to go huntin!

Glad to hear your alright.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

man....sounds like the season from hell.....i bet if one of our tires did that wed end up like that on some of the roads we hunt on.....sorry to hear about your horrible season....good luck on your last day if you get out......
Old 05-30-2003, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like you had a action packed spring gobbler season!!!!!!! I' m sure next spring you' ll make up for this spring
Old 05-31-2003, 01:33 PM

WELL I TOOK THE MORNING OFF FROM WORK (ACCIDENT RELATED INJURIES WINK WINK) AND HAD A FREIND PICK ME UP. HEARD TWO GOBBLERS AND GOT TO SEE ONE ABOUT 60 YRDS OFF. GUESS I WAS SKUNKED THIS YEAR. CAN' T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!! What a story!!!!! Glad to hear your OK!!![]
Old 05-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

What a story. Glad to hear you' re OK.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:29 AM

Wowzers....is it too late to sue Ford and Firestone again?

Quick Reply: Think it' s a sign?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.