Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help!! Answer My question

Old 05-15-2003, 01:07 PM

Default Help!! Answer My question

Ok last sat me and a buddy went to our spot and heard alot of different birds..Will they be roosting at the same sport tomm morning??

Thanks alot
Old 05-15-2003, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Help!! Answer My question

There is a good chance there will be gobblers roosting in the same area....BUT....a lot can happen in a week!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 01:30 PM

Why don' t you go there Friday evening (before dark, at fly-up time) and see what you can hear?
Old 05-15-2003, 02:01 PM

Hey Snowdog i would love to go there thursday night and see where there roosting but i have a meeting at school..[:@]

Old 05-15-2003, 03:25 PM

Well good luck then. Be cautious when you go to your set-up. Don' t want to get busted. Then be patient at flydown time. Might want to locator call (probably hoot owl) before you set up, though this is not always going to produce a response, even if there are toms there. You get a shock gobble reply, you' ll know where they are. Remember that toms some days go down way early, others way late, so don' t yelp too much before 8:00 if you haven' t been hearing roost gobbles/flydown/ground gobbles and it is wet/raining, cause they may be there, just silent. Quiet tree yelp, flydown flap and couple yelps/clucks before the toms flydown, just to tell ' em there' s a hen over here, come this way when you fly down. Then yelp a bit when they fly down and start gobbling/heading your way. Are you pumped yet?? Good luck tomorrow.