Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What do you do to.....

Old 05-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you do to.....

keep your camo clothing from fading?Guys I hunted a whole lot this year and now that its all over I' m looking at my camo clothing and cant believe how much it has faded through the course of the season!I hate to dye it because it really breaks up the 3D effect making it more of one solid tone!Hell I dont want to have to purchase new cloths,some of this stuff is still in nice condition!I try not to wash any of it because obviously repeated washing fades it quicker than any thing!I wore 3 sets of camo' s this year and rotating them helped some but i was wondering if any of you fellas have some secret remedy to keeps your flauge looking sharp instead of drab!!Thanks Bob
Old 05-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you do to.....

Funny you mentioned this Bob!! I just retired a pair of pants for this very reason. From what I hear, to try and reduce the fading factor, turn the clothes inside out when washing them and wash them in cold water. I don' t know if that works for sure, but that is what I' ve been hearing.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:38 AM

There was a thread on here a while back where someone suggest washing new camo in cold water and vinegar.Once it is already faded I don' t know what you can do.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:38 AM

I saw a ad on TV for CAMO RESTORE. I don' t know how it works but maybe you can find out.