Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

please share your stories

Old 05-11-2003, 08:45 AM

Default please share your stories

i dont turkey hunt but always wanted to but i was just wondering what is the most bizzar thing you have seen in the woods while turkey hunting ? i hope to hear back with any stories you good folks have to share
Old 05-11-2003, 08:54 AM

Default RE: please share your stories

hmmm...I havent seen too many bizarre things turkey hunting, but the weirdest would have to go to this racoon we found dead out in the middle of a grass field, just laying there. didnt look like it was killed by a coyote or anything.

slayer
Old 05-11-2003, 09:35 AM

The most bizarre thing I seen in the woods this year was two longbeards strutting in front of my hunting partner and him not shooting. I know, I know there was a briar cane in the way (thats your story eh bgunner). Oh, I`m sorry this wasn`t supposed to be told, I forgot. (it had to be after being told that i never got the bird to 15 yards, the darn thing hung at 20.)
Old 05-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm..i really never seen much out of the ordinary hunting at all...except the one night a grouse flushed in the middle of the night.....man was that SCARRY!..i always see coons and porcipines in the spring while im waiting for the woods to awaken...pretty neat to watch...thats about all i have..but only been at it 5 years...sorry i dont have a wierd story.....
Old 05-12-2003, 06:57 AM

One time I was leaving the woods after losing a battle with a nice gobbler, my attention was grabbed by a " commotion" in a tree that I was passing under. Two raccoons decide to " duke it out" --snarling, growling, and chattering. I stopped to to watch. One of them had the other coon by the neck and was shaking the Hell out of it. Suddenly, one of them fell (about 15-18 feet) hitting the ground with a tremendous thump. It ran off sounding very much like a puppy --yiping until it disappeared.

Another time I was working on a nice gobbler with hens (I got THAT bird) by the way.
While I was moving into position, it seemed like someone had just taken my picture with a very BRIGHT flash. I looked to the northwest in time to see a huge meteor streak that lasted a less than a second. Later that morning, I was talking to my nephew that lives about 3 hours away and told him about it. To my surprise, he had seen the same flash in the sky.