Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Don' t you just wish?

Old 05-09-2003, 11:50 AM

Default RE: Don' t you just wish?

thank god spring turkey season ends or there would not be a fall bow deer season............................................ ................
Old 05-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I fish a LOT! I also try and keep tabs on how the hatch goes on our farm. Nothing helps me get over my disappointment at the end of Spring season like seeing a momma hen and 10-15 little ones running around!

I also try to help them out by keeping the food plots up and shooting coyotes when I get the chance.

GH
Old 05-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

if there was a remidie i would never touch it....its part of the thrill and hte hunting expirience.....the day im not a anxious to go hunting and tossing and turning and not sleeping the night before a hunt im not going hunting anymore...even the first day of trout season..i couldnt sleep that night either..to me its part of the hunt..thats what makes success soooo sweet...i love it.....
Old 05-12-2003, 08:15 AM

I pack all my stuff away, take care of my neglected honey-do' s and start training and conditioning my dogs (Britt and Lab) for their fall hunting--pheasants, sharptails, ducks and geese. I can " get over" the spring turkey hunt pretty good right after the season closes. I guess its because I know the turks slow down as they finish the breeding cycle, and so it is not the thrill it is early in the season when the birds are hot and gobbling like crazy. I guess I live for the gobble.

What gets me is the anticipation from about January 1st until the season begins--I drive my wife nuts with calling, poring over catalogs for new gear, watching my turkey hunting videotapes, and, of course, practicing my calling. I can hardly wait for the snow to melt so I can go scouting. But for now, I' m content with the season being over.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:56 PM

i wish turkey season would last until sept. then i could start grouse hunting and then deer hunting. its sad when turkey season ends. I do some fishing during the summer to keep me occupied. over the summer until grouse season.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:10 PM

When I start to get that I wish turkey season was hear attitude I just take out a package of turkey breast and grill it.