Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How to flush hen without flushing gobbler?

Old 04-29-2003, 08:46 AM

Default How to flush hen without flushing gobbler?

Today I had a nice strutting gobbler coming to my call. When I caught site of him he was just out of shooting range. I pushed the safety off and was waiting for him to make a few more steps. Just then I heard a hen clucking very loudly. Soon she was within 20 yards and was very angrily sassing me as she approached from my rear and headed directly to the gobbler and took him with her and away from me.

As this was unfolding, I was trying to think of a way to flush her without flushing him.
I have had this same situation happen in the past and was wondering if anyone else has come up with a way to flush just the hen when both birds are within sight?

Anyhow, it was another beautiful day in the Pennsylvania woods and I will hunt this big boy another day.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]