Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

they have shutdown

Old 03-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default they have shutdown

I have been more pumped this year than ever. I have heard over 30 different birds gobbling in the past 3 weeks. I have finally gotten down to just a couple birds that I have seen and know they are trophy toms. I have heard them gobble watched them strut and everything in between that makes my heart want to bust. I went this morning to try and start getting a tighter pattern on them and did not hear a singal bird NOT ONE. Not a hen nothing. Talk about a buzz kill. I sure hope they pick it up by Staurday.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: they have shutdown

This week in Geneva County, just 4 mi across the Florida line, they were gobbling like crazy on Sunday morning. I too hope Saturday is going to be great.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:10 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: they have shutdown

Was the barometer falling? Take a good look at the weather pattern - colder than normal or hotter - maybe laterr morning they will crank back up.

JW