Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Close call!!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Close call!!

ORIGINAL: wis_rifle_hunter

i hunt on our cattle farm here in wisconsin. we have 250 cows and last year my cousin was hunting in one of our pastures and we told him not to go in the one with the bull. hes not the brightest bulb so he jumps the fence into the pasture with the bull and got charged and knocked over and he got his leg stepped on. luckly my dad was outside feeding the dogs when it happened and went over and got my cousin out. them bulls can be really mean and nasty. im glad to see your friend and his son are okay
We have about 80 head on our farm. I grew up in the city so I don't really know the ropes of cattle sorting too well. My father in law took one to the sternum this past fall and was knocked silly. Ours are pretty docile but I still don't like sorting them. They get a bit feisty while you are try to separate them. I don't like when the snort at you and then put their head down. Life would be more relaxing without having to go into close quarters with cattle. They never do what you want them to.