Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

My Baby got a Makeover! (Pic)

Old 04-22-2003, 07:17 AM

Default My Baby got a Makeover! (Pic)

I bought some of the Hunter Specialties Camo Shield this weekend to put on my Winchester 1300. Turned out pretty good I think. I sure hope she gets some use this weekend for the opening of PA spring gobbler season.

Old 04-22-2003, 07:45 AM

Default RE: My Baby got a Makeover! (Pic)

here is a closer view I just camoed the reciever and foregrip and a smoothe part of my Undertaker choke. I cut out the checkering in the foregrip so I could get a better grip, as a bonus I think it made it look pretty sharp. What I have on the barrel is an old lib cover for my old bow it is cut down the middle and attaches with little pieces of velcro. It does not interfear in any way with the slide on the gun. I think it really breaks up the outline.

Old 04-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good!

Keep us posted as to the durability and your satisfaction of the product.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:10 PM

Looks good,I really like it I might have to try something like that before saturday.Thanks for the pics.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:05 PM
VP

Hey that looks pretty sharp there PA, Is that like a camo Tape ? dont recall seeing that before. Where did you find that Turkey Paraphanalia ?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks good...hope you get to use her saturday morn...i cant wait..i packd the vest today...all i gota do is see the weather and find the camo i want to wear...good luck...the gun turned out good..most of them products i dont like the turn out..that one turned out nice...
Old 04-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Neat idea!! I don' t think a gobbler can pick out that gun!! Keep us posted on how it works for you come saturday.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:56 AM

Hey VP to answer your question, It is like those stickers you buy that you can put on your vehicle that have your favorite bow manufacturer on , or maybe a better description would be basically it is a sticker, but it doesn' t leave a stickey residue when you take it off. It is very easy to put on because if you have it in the wrong place you can remove it a position it in the correct place. There are only two companies who make products like this one is a company called Camoclad, they make all sorts of camo kits for your vehicle, boats, guns, and just about any other thing you would want to put camo on. I saw one of their gun kits in a store recently and it looked pretty crappy, the images on the vinyl had a large dot pattern to them and even from afar it looked cheap, almost like someone bought some bumper sticker paper and pulled a camo image off the web and printed it. The other company is Hunters Specialties, that is where I got mine from, the also have kits for your gun and other things. The gun kit retails for about $20. I bought what is called the accessory pack which is 5 pieces of this vinyl, three of one size and two peices of a smaller size. That pack goes for about $5. The Hunter Specialties stuff is much better, the image is much cleaner and sharper, which just makes it look a lot nicer. Just thinking about it, totally I think I have between $15 to $20 into putting camo on my gun, and that includes the Camo Shield, the limb cover I have on the barrel, and the buttstock cover.