Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Nitro Hevishot pattern target pic' s.....

Old 04-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nitro Hevishot pattern target pic' s.....

Well guys, here' s couple of those pattern targets that I was mentioning earlier. The guy whose house we patterned these loads at mentioned that the actual distance was 35 yards, not 38 like I thought. Those circles are 10" in diameter!! Pic #1 had 266 inside.

Pic #2.......287.

Pic #3.........316. This is just to show you the possibilties of what a Rhino choke and Nitro shells can do out of your guns.

Old 04-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nitro Hevishot pattern target pic' s.....

...You forgot to add what size shot is this,looks like what im getting from Winchester HV...............
Old 04-11-2003, 06:57 PM

That looks like a great pattern maytom. That old gobbler is in trouble
Old 04-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I thought I mentioned earlier that I was shooting Nitro #H378 4X5X7 hevishot turkey loads. These loads were awesome!!!! Just wanted to pass it along!!
Old 04-12-2003, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah Maytom the good pattern is not the only impressive thing about Nitro Hevi-Shot either, I shot some hevi-shot vs Winchester copper plated both #5' s at 40 yards into a 1x12 and it was awesome. None of the Winchesters penetrated completely thru it but about half the hevi-shot did.
Looks like the turks are in trouble around you this spring.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:43 AM

I HAD (2) WIN. 31/2 X 4S LEFT FROM LAST SEASON,THEN THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THE 31/2 X 4 HEVISHOT I HAVE READ SO MUCH ABOUT.I TOOK (2) GOBBLERS WITH THE WIN. AND ONE FROM THE FIRST HEVISHOT.ALL WERE 45 YDS. OR OVER. I AM GOING TO TRY TO POST A PIC OF THE LAST BIRD WITH HEVISHOT THAT HAD TWO BEARDS OF 9.5" AND 6" .I HAVE NEVER POSTED TO A WEB BEFORE SO HERE GOES.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:58 PM

will try again!
Old 04-17-2003, 11:25 PM

one more time
Old 04-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will post it for you Loner.

Now tell us the story behind this nice bird.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:34 PM

thanks for all your help randy! i hope i can soon figure out how to use my computer. this bird is the first double beard in over 30 years of hunting.he had a 9.5" and 6" beard , weighted 19# and had 7/8" spurs. i called him and his buddy up along with a hen and took his buddy when he did not offer a shot.this was at 11:00 am.i went back the next day about the same time and got a hen to scold me in the same area.the gobbler started getting excited but hung up with the hen.it seemed to be going well until 3 jakes and a hen came from behind me and joined the party. i went back a week later to the area where he hung up and got set at 10:30am with the wind gusting to 30 mph. the gobbler heard my calls and showed himself at 100 yds in strut. each time i called,i could see him gobble but could not hear him.this started at 11:00am and at 11:40 he was at 45 yds and the hevishot left him motionless.after walking to him,i saw the two beards and swelled with pride.i took my digital camera from my pack and placed him on a log and took his pic in the tallahathie river bottom that has given me many memorable hunts over the years.

Quick Reply: Nitro Hevishot pattern target pic' s.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.