Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 04-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mouth call question

I keep mine in the little plastic case that it came with and just keep it in the freezer. When I go hunting I just put some scope in a water proof jar and just keep it in my truck. When I get home it gets washed off and back in the freezer. I still have my mouth call from last spring and I hope to take a gobbler with it this week end!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 04:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Like longbeard, I keep them in the plastic cases they come in. I just wash them with tap water after each use and I keep mine in the fridge rather than the freezer. The main thing is keep them from getting too warm and keep them washed.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:35 AM

After I use mine I usually run it under COOL tap water ( for god sakes not hot it will reek havoc witht he reeds) and then dip them in Knight & Hale' s Yelper Helper, then I pat them dry with a paper towell. I will then use some call savers I have to seperate each reed and the insert the call saver in the call for storage. I then put them back into the platic case mainly for Identification purposes and then into a larger Tupperware container, and then store them in my refridgerator. But remember that when you take the call back out to use it to put it in your mouth or run the reeds under some water to looses the reeds up before you pull hte callsaver out so it doesn' t stick to the reeds and rip them. I' m a little anal about this so you don' t have to take it as far as I do. You could just run them under some water and dry them and store then in the fridge.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:02 PM

i just buy new ones