Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Does anybody else have this prob?

Old 04-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does anybody else have this prob?

I am the only one that hunts were I work and I find myself not having anything in comon with my fellow workers. It kinda sucks because they all sit around and talk about sports and I kinda feel like a fish out of water.

Also when hunting season comes around I usually hear the animal rights stuff.

I find myself keeping to my self. Does anybody else have this prob???
Old 04-09-2003, 10:44 AM

Default RE: Does anybody else have this prob?

Nope, never had that problem here in the rural south. I understand what your saying though. I just woudnt even talk about hunting at all around those people.
Just wait till you get home and talk to us.[:-]
Old 04-09-2003, 12:15 PM

Good advice Benhuntin!!
I also had the same problem
But the guys at work have learned alot from me
It sure didn' t come easy but you will find that they are very interested in why you do what you do and why you are so excited about your sport!
I must warn you
You must be very careful of what and how you say things
Fact is we need to give the non hunting public a reason to look at us in the right way and know that we do it for the right reasons!
You have a very good opportunity to give our sport a couple of more supporters!
Good Luck My Friend!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have a few hunter hear but not many. I also have a big old full mounted Tom in my office that starts alot of conversations and gives me a chance to talk to others about what a great sport this is. In fact it has led to three people wanting to give it a try this year. Now I just have to keep them out of my honey hole.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

I' m lucky to work with a bunch of open-minded folks. I have four turkey mounts in my office and it bothers none of them. When in your situation out of the workplace, though, I do what you do and mind my own business. It' s easier on everyone involved.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:15 PM
ARO

look at it this way, at least you dont have to worry about everyone wanting the same weeks off for vacation. some of my buddies have that problem, and everyone cant take the same days off, so they have to alternate between years for rifle, smokepole, and the rut!!!

ARO
Old 04-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea ARO you hit that one on the head. I never had a problem getting the weeks off I wanted...
Old 04-09-2003, 05:38 PM

Those guys where I work think I' m Daniel Boone or something. [8D] I' m 46 years old and the hardest of my hunting happened several years ago. I still do enjoy a few good bow and gun hunt weekends for deer and an occassional squirrel or rabbit hunting trips, throw in a few crow and turkey hunts along with some good crappie or cat fishing trips. Ducks are always alot of fun. Carp and gar bowhunting (with a few bonus beavers) is another fun way to spend some time along with a few trips after ' yotes. Following the coon hounds around a few nights a year aint bad either. [:-] Man, work just seems to get in my way nowadays. [:@][X(]

LB, I just dont understand the guys at the plant-they are wannabe hunters that just dont take the time to enjoy any that the good lord has given us.[:' (] I usually get a real kick outa listening to those guys at work, knowing they wont hunt because they' re afraid of failure, when all along failure is NOT the fact that you dont bring home the game, just that you dont ever get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Some of those guys where I work needs to get a life and get out some.

GB
Old 04-09-2003, 06:13 PM

My workplace is slanted to the liberal side however there are quite a few of us that do hunt. We tend to steer clear of the Anti' s. They are sort of alienated from us " normal" folks lately with the war and all. Anti' s just don' t get it.
I never make them feel uncomfortable with gross hunting stories etc... They shouldn' t have to hear that stuff. It seems to me if you treat them as you like to be treated they will reciprocate.
It is easier though when your the boss of the department and no one wants time off for hunting !
Old 04-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go home whip up a batch of a good venison or turkey recipe. Take it into work the next day, heat it up in a microwave, if you have a break rm. Let the smell get around. Around lunch time be perfect. Get the whole joint smelling up, and their stomachs growling!!! Can hear it now hey whats that, boy that smells good. Maybe bring some extra, and offer it!!! That may change a few minds.

Quick Reply: Does anybody else have this prob?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.