Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

two bearded sisters

Old 04-07-2003, 09:01 PM

Default two bearded sisters

Went down to my draw unit to scout, 5 inchs of new snow, second weekend of the first hunt and nobody has even been up this canyon to look for a bird, well there they were three hens and a nice Tom stutten under a ceder tree, Two of the three hens had 6 inch beards, what is the odds?, lucky man dont' t know that he is sport' en on two tophey sisters, followed the fresh tracks to where they flew from the roost tree, I hope he is still there 1 month from today. HE WILL BE MINE. shed horn
Old 04-08-2003, 05:38 PM

Default RE: two bearded sisters

Last Saturday I was fortunate to see 4 long beards, about 7 jakes, 8 hens and 2 bearded hens in one bunch. Like yours, both bearded hens sported about 6" beards. I got to watch them for over an hour from about 100 yards with the toms strutting and chasing the jakes all over the place. Luckily, they were in the same area on opening day and one of the longbeards expired at 5:43 in the morning.