Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Afternoon Scouting

Old 04-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Afternoon Scouting

I won' t bore you with the details but opening day is next saturday and due to outside responsibilities my hunting partner won' t beable to make it until Sunday. So our opening day will be on Sunday. Now, I will be arriving at our hunting spot sometime Sat. afternoon. Since there will probably be nothing else to do, i figure I could do some last minute scouting that day. So I guess, how do you all scout gobblers in the afternoon. Same as morning/evening or completely different?

Oh if I happen to see a king gobbler comming on saturday, maybe that will be MY opening day
Old 04-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Afternoon Scouting

If you haven' t had much time to do any previous scouting, and first time @ it there this year. Long as you alreadly know the area ok. I' d just wait until near dark, and see if can' t roost a tom. Personnally I wouldn' t go wandering all over the woods bumping birds off if it isn' t necessary.
Or I' d just take off on your own and hunt it if your state allows all day hunting.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Afternoon Scouting

The guy that I have been hunting with has been doing the scouting as he only live 30 min. from the land. Although I have the utmost trust in him, I feel more confident when I can do something myself. I' m sure a lot of you feel the same. However, I have been studying the Topo' s like mad to get aquainted with the area.