Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

sights

Old 04-05-2003, 07:03 AM

Default RE: sights

I had heard all the talk about not needing a scope on a turkey gun---and I hunted without a scope---but I found a good deal on a Simmons ProDiamond 2X shotgun scope on E-bay and decided to give it a try. I love it!! Is it neccessary? Nope! But I think once you take the plunge and try one you will see what I am talking about.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get rid of the true-glo I missed 2 deer because the front sight drifted. I thought it was my fault and cursed the sights. After reading how many people had problems with them I know now its the company. Will be fixing that problem before the next season comes. Good luck with your gobblers.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Brampton Mike
....if the are installed properly you wont' have a problem...
........how can you install it wrong? It' s not like a car stereo or computer. My sight didn' t fail because of the way I installed it, it failed because it' s made of plastic. The complains I' ve heard about TruGlo (in the sport shop and on the computer) is about the screws tightening down on to the plastic and how they can work loose or the plastic breaking.

After contacting TruGlo last year I was told there' s nothing they can do and that I should be careful when walking through the woods because of their sights construction. I' m sorry but I' m hunting! I can' t be worried every time I go in the woods weather or not my sight will be there come time to use it.