Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tested those Nitro hevishot loads finally!!!!

Old 03-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tested those Nitro hevishot loads finally!!!!

Just to let you all know, I stopped over to a buddies house yesterday and I tried out those Nitro hevishot turkey loads and that Rhino choke tube out of my gun. Actual distance was 37-38yards paced off. All I can say is this......WOWWWW!!!!!!!!!! Without a doubt, these are the best patterning shells I ever tried, bar none!!! AWESOME!!!!! I just got back home and I' m taking a nap since I have to work tonight, first thing I' ll do tomorrow after I get up is do a actual pellet count on the pattern targets, as well as take a few pic' s!! Finally, after 5 years of searching, this is the load I' ve been waiting for!! After seeing my pattern targets, and trying these shells out of his gun, my friend is making the switch as well. I' ve found the " Holy Grail" !!!![:-]
Old 03-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: Tested those Nitro hevishot loads finally!!!!

I shot mine last weekend & could not agree more....simply awesome!
Old 03-16-2003, 03:46 PM

Maytom, I' m glad your quest for the " Holy Grail" is over! You have without a doubt paid your dues! I do think it is important for a hunter to have confidence in the equipment he is using. And obviously, you have great confidence in your newfound choke and shells. Hope you get to try them out on the real thing this spring. Good luck when your season opens!
Old 03-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought you would like them, it is just about unbelievable at the pattern you get from Nitros.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds great Paul,Did ya happen to try em at close range?
Old 03-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear your gun shot great. Hopefully mine will shoot as good.... I' ll let you know in two weeks...
Old 03-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

MOTT, thanks buddy!! This was a long ordeal that I' m glad is over. I sure wish that I had all the money from all those shells and choke tubes that I tried.

Jalvja, at a distance of 12-14 yards, it was almost a slug hole!! I can surely see that you can' t shoot the birds close with this load unless you want to decapitate them.

Ken, good luck with yours!! One thing that was a problem was that I wasn' t on a sturdy bench. I was just off the top of a fence post, and the pattern wasn' t centered because I must of ben moving a little due to not having my right elbow on something solid. So make sure to use a bench when patterning these out!! I realize these are very expenzive shells, but after seeing the results, I' m glad that I made the choice to try them out.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I realize these are very expenzive shells, but after seeing the results,

I agree Maytom, And after patterning and knowing what they will do just how many will a feller shoot in a year?

Does' nt cost as much to shoot these as it does my bow.

I think it is some of the best money I have ever spent on turkey hunting.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys and girls, here' s the results of my pellet counts on three seperate targets. I drew a 10" circle over the densest part of the pattern on each target and then divided them into quadrants!! Here' s what I counted for totals on target #1...........266, target #2.........was 287, and finaly target #3 a whopping........316 pellets!!!!!!! I' m a firm believer now on this Nitro hevishot stuff, proof is right on the paper!! I' ll take a few pic' s and post them after the roll gets developed!!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

DAMN PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT THE LOAD BRUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tested those Nitro hevishot loads finally!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.