Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey calls

Old 03-15-2003, 10:05 PM

Default turkey calls

I want to get some feed back from the public about which calls have been more productive.

box call
shaker call
slate call
mouth call
tube call
or nothin at all

good huntin,
Grayson
P.S. when ya look at this reply for other people and then send me an e-mail at [email protected] and maybe we can shre turkey tips
Old 03-16-2003, 10:01 AM

Default RE: turkey calls

Myself, I find the slate type calls more productive. Of course it' s my best call and the one I have most confidence in.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:45 AM

Slates here for me also.
My best for working a bird.

Box calls to locate birds are hard to beat,wingbone competes but are harder to master.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:03 PM

Like the other fellas, friction calls are my standby. They' re versatile as far as volume goes, you can crank ' em to strike birds and then tone down to lure him the last few yards. With a single call and several strikers, you can sound like an entire flock of lonly hens.

My second choice would probably be either a tube call or diaphragm.

PBB
Old 03-16-2003, 02:18 PM

Havent had a hole lot of success but the pot style calls seem too be the most versatile while maintaining a good sound.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:54 PM

Without a shadow of a doubt, it is the peg and pot slate type calls that have done the trick for me. Slate, glass, aluminum or manmade surfaces......I don' t think it matters much......they all work and you won' t go wrong with any of them!
Old 03-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

i always find my ol yeller in my hand.....and now that i make strikers its a hole new ball game.....i can sound like 100s of diffrent turkeys with a few diffrent strikers and my slate and glass calls...its nice...i also practice with them alot more and am getting fairly decint....i think friction calls sound the best and thats what i use....im sure any call is productive...i just perfer to use frictions...but when i need to reach out there i do bust out the box call....and now i learned the mouth call good enough to coax if needed....
Old 03-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Seeing this many people answer " frictions calls" makes me very happy that I rarely use one when hunting.

I' ll take a box call over any of them. I would say mouth call as it is my favorite, but you asked for " most productive" . With practice, there isn' t a single call that can' t be done on a double-sided box, including a gobble. Plus, they have probably fooled more turkey (and other hunters) in the woods than any other call.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:46 PM

I would have to go along with the slate call. I have had more birds come in to them than all the others I have tried. It' s my go to call and I think it is the easiest to use to get a variety of calls, IMO.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to get some feed back from the public about which calls have been more productive.
To anwser your question here, The " Push Button" Call (like) the QuakerBoys Easy yelper , is the most productive call on the market today. All companies have them and I think they would agree that they are the strongest selling call there has been.

As for what I would use , well Mouth call and the Slate with my Ol Secret wood striker...BT

Quick Reply: turkey calls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.