Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 03-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey Blinds

I use the ameristep doghouse blind, but only when bowhuntin. as far as gun huntin, in my opinion, their a waste of time. Just sit back against a tree and call em in.
BTW- the doghouse is on sale now for $69.00 I think, at wing supply. very good blind for the price!
Old 03-12-2003, 04:41 PM

That is an excellent price on the Doghouse blind. My nephew has one and he really likes it for the right situation like rainy weather or taking a youngster hunting with you. I can' t imagine that you would ever find a better blind at a better price!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:51 PM

I got one of the GameTracker blinds a few weeks ago and set it up a little ways back in the woods on a food plot that the turkeys use alot when it rains. Should be nice and dry and comfortable on those rainy days. Last year I hunted in the rain and maybe I' m getting old but I think I' ll enjoy being in the blind this year!
9 more days until the season opens!!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one of those pop-up " tipped over umbrella" style blinds. To be honest and blunt - it' s a piece of $#%@!!!! It resembles an Advantage Timber round blob and doesn' t provide enough concealment. I' ve used it only when I really had nice cover to blend it in with. Most of the time, I don' t bother with it.

Butch
Old 03-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Spike

I used the Double Bull blind last spring and loved it. It sets up easy and fast and it lets you get away with all kinds of movement. You can set it up in the wide open and the turkeys will walk right past it without spooking.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with yelper, when I bought my Double Bull T5 I finally shot a bird with my bow, not one but two. and for all the people who thought about video tapping your hunts. it is a dream. Keep in mind, get a blind that does not flap around in the wind, it must be tite as a drum. You can not go wrong with the Double Bull.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:29 AM

I would suggest Ameri-step. I have used the jake house, outhouse, and doghouse over the years. The jakehouse is small and portable. The others are larger and more for bowhunting or for someone who knows they will be staying in one spot. I like to use them on rainy days. If you got the time to go then you have to go and they keep you dry.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:47 PM

I always just use the natural foilage around me and make a couple of blinds a little while before the season when I am scouting. Then ifn I need to change positions i have a couple of camo nets that I use.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve had my Double Bull for 3 years now and
love it....except, when I have to pack it and
everything else I take in to the woods about
a mile[].

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.