Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

BUCKLICKCREEK VEST.....WOW

Old 03-10-2003, 01:44 PM

Default BUCKLICKCREEK VEST.....WOW

mine just showed up 10 minutes ago. all i can say is WOW.
unbelievable back support
no-tree-needed seating
pockets a plenty
adjustments galore

thanks to those of you that steered me in this direction
anyone looking at a new vest needs to do themselves a favor and check this one out before ordering any other.....

they can be found in the redhead/basspro spring magazines for $50

not to rub it in, but i found mine on e-bay...........$38
Old 03-10-2003, 01:50 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BUCKLICKCREEK VEST.....WOW

I' m glad you like yours. I have one and am not so impressed. The back support is great but you either have to leave the seat down, which is not comfortable when walking, or take the thing half off to get the seat up and down. I run and gun a lot and for that pupose I don' t like it at all. For sneaking in at dawn and for just making a few stands it is a good product. It is very durable as well, i' ve had mine for four years and it is still in good shape. I basically don' t use the ground seat anymore.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:57 PM

obviously you have had more experience with your than i have, but i see only having to release one or two of the bottom strap snaps to push the seat back up.
i did however notice if you have all the adjustment straps tightened right up you might have to half take it off, but i wouldn' t think anyone would want to snug it up that tight..........
i guess i' ll have to wait and see.......
Old 03-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you like the vest. I' ve been using them for a few seasons now and nothing else compares.

ahh hemmmm... ack spit-oooo

Told ya so.
Told ya so.
Told ya so.
Told ya so...

LOL
Old 03-10-2003, 03:38 PM

You only need the back support when you are sitting. Why would the seat be a problem when walking? Just unbuckle the vest, put your hands behind your back and pull the seat down with your thumbs/hands. I run-n-gun, sit-n-get, whatever the birds dictate and this is my number one, go to vest. Sitting isn' t a problem for me, it' s my back digging into the tree that will make me squirm more than anything. I have to admit that i like the MO Elite for all the custom storage, in which the Bucklick could use alot more of.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:22 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

The problem when walking is if I use the seat I leave it down so I don' t have to unbucke the vest to get it down. Getting it down is a lot less hassle than getting it back up. Used to have a 10 X vest with a soft seat that I just left down and you didn' t know it was there. Someone stole it and I couldn' t find another one. I went with the bucklick creek to replace it. I don' t dislike the vest and I' m not trying to bash the product, just think the seat is unhandy. I was going to pull the support rods out of it this year but found another vest to try. Ordered the beard buster from huntsmart.com.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:39 PM

I got mine about a week ago and I can' t imagine it getting any better than this. The seat is a little hard to get used to, but I think what little trouble there is to folding and unfolding will be well worth the effort. It doesn' t take but a few seconds and you are on your way. And I' ll trade a few seconds for 2 hours of comfort any day.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

How is it useing the seat and sitting up against a big ol Red Oak???
Old 03-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mz, I don' t know what your doing wrong but mine flips down in a split second and back up faster.

This is by far the most comfortable vest on the market IMO and nothing compares. I retired a expensive vest once I tried and purchased the Bucklick Creek.

Mr. Longbeard, no tree needed but if you want the cover of a tree, no problem, the vest will support you on it' s own and you can simply sit by the tree vs against giving you more options.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like maybe the vest is adjusted too tight. The thing will fit up to a 70" chest I think it is... Loosen those straps up some!

Quick Reply: BUCKLICKCREEK VEST.....WOW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.