Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I cut one open

Old 03-08-2003, 06:12 AM

Default RE: I cut one open

I have a Rhino available over at the Classifieds section pretty reasonable if your interested, Bushnell red dot site too
Old 03-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m going to try my tru glo choke and see if it patterns good. If not i will just shoot the Remington Hevi Shot threw my tru glo because that shot patterns pretty good. Then i' ll get the Rhino choke next year....
Old 03-09-2003, 07:54 PM

I broke down and bought the Nitro-Rhino combo. This weekend I went out and patterned my gun (Beretta Xtrema). $12 later, here are the results: at 40 yds. the best target put 259 pellets in a 10" circle, the worst was 245. The first shot was pretty low and required a scope adjustment. It is the best pattern, by far, I have shot or seen personally. Only 6 more days!
Old 03-10-2003, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

gblrklr, I have been looking at that Extrema myself lately. How do you like it so far and what scope rings did you use to mount your scope with? Very impressive results at the pattern board!! WOW!! What Nitro shell are you using for that 3 1/2" Beretta?
Old 03-10-2003, 06:48 PM

Maytom
I really like the Xtrema, now. Initially I had problems with the gun not shooting to the point of aim. It shot about a foot to the left at 40 yards. I sent it back to Beretta with several patterns and they said they had to " reseat the choke" or something to that effect. The bottom line is when I got it back it shot where I looked. I dove hunted with it some when my Super-X1 was having problems, or when the weather wasn' t great, and it never failed to eject any load I put through it, even some that wouldn' t cycle through my father' s Super-X1. I especially love it after this weekend' s patterning. When I spoke with the folks at Nitro I was told that there was a lot of variability in the diameter of the barrels on the Xtremas (.728 to .733) and that the larger ones definitely patterned best. I must have gotten lucky. The Rhino choke that I have, and Nitro recommended for the Xtrema, is the .660. I sure am pleased. I am shooting the 4x5x7 2 1/4 oz. load #H51013. One last unbelievable observation: on the better of the two targets, in the 1" orange dot (it was a 100 yard rifle target), which represented the " bullseye," there were 9 pellets at 40 yards!