Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Staying comfortable

Old 03-04-2003, 08:28 PM

Default Staying comfortable

Anyone here got any special gear for staying comfortable at a setup?

My weary body can' t seem to hack sitting on the ground, back against a tree for very long anymore, even with a reasonably decent cushion. So I' ve somewhat modified an old beach chair (camo, carry strap, etc)that seems to help some for now. Tempted to try one of them Strut Seats but still need a good backrest for that. I' ve found myself in quickie setup situations where I had nothing but a fencepost or nothing at all to sit against, though.

Why can' t Laz-E-Boy come up with a good turkey huntin' recliner? LOL. [8D]
Old 03-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Staying comfortable

LolTurk no question being comfy not only helps a turkey hunter sit still,but keeps him in the woods longer!I actually have kind of a double butt seat system that works great for me!My vest has one seat on it,but I also wear a belt that has another one attached to it that doubles my pleasure!lot of guys will swear by the new seats available to the turkey hunter and one of them might be the ticket for yourself!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That chair by H.S.Strut, the folding leg model is now only $19.95 compared to $29.95 last spring!! I fasten a foam seat cushion to the top of the chair and leave the seat cushion " up" on my vest, this way I have a back cushion as well as a very comfortable seat to sit on for the long waits!! Two springs ago, after sitting for a couple hours each morning, for several days in a row, my tailbone was hurting to much to sit any longer!! I had to come up with something, and this set-up works wonders for me!!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:32 AM

Yeah, each year older thr rocksget harder and the trees less forgiving. I have had good luck with a Bucklick Creek lounge seat vest . One of my younger turkey buddies thinks I' m crazy for hauling it through the woods, just wait young man.... some day you will too.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:18 AM

I' ve also noticed the price drop on the Strut Seat. Lots of knock-offs now, so I guess they have to have a more competative price. Works for me!
Old 03-05-2003, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

I' m with maytom on this one....I just by the chair by HS Strut. Along with the pad on my vest, I plan on sitting in the woods comfortably for a long time. I' ve wanted one of these chair for a long time. Great investment for $20
Old 03-05-2003, 05:51 AM

Just bought a highback lounger vest and i`ll bet i can sit still for hours in this thing. And my back is starting to feel the effects of time too.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:53 AM
Spike

I recently noticed that Avery has seat out that has fold out legs like the HS seat but ALSO has built in back cushion kinda like the Bucklick creek vests have.
Might be the best of both worlds. I saw it in the Midwest Turkey supply catalog for around $25 I think I' m gonna try it....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:19 AM

LIKE TURK-MAN I ALSO JUST GOT A BUCKLICK CREEK AND IT' S GOING TO BE SO NICE HAVING NOT ONLY A PADDED CUSHION FOR MY REAR END BUT ALSO GREAT BACK SUPPORT. IT WILL BE A LOT EASIER TO STAY SET UP FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME WITHOUT BEING SO ANTSI TO MOVE.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:30 AM

Seems like every year my cushions get thicker and thicker. 10 years ago I just kicked up a bunch of leaves and plopped right down on the ground. This year I got
a buckwing web seat and I use my foam back pad. Next year I' ll probally need a
camo lazyboy recliner. The beach chair is a good Idea. I would probally fall asleep
in it though.[]

Quick Reply: Staying comfortable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.