Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

[Deleted]

Old 02-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2003, 11:06 AM

Default RE: NWTF Dinner

Sometimes that happens Congradulations on your winning bids. You can find really great deals when you visit start-up chapters - not only that, but you help them get going - win win...

For those of you who put on your banquets, try this to get a little extra income - take out 5 or 6 of your least money makers, and attached a trigger lock key. Put the trigger a trigger lock on a " Key" gun and not only will people be bidding on the product, but a chance to win the winning key to the gun (as well as the gun itself). We had a weather vain go for $150 and the watch (which we normally get about $30 out of) go for $120. Worked so well last year, we are going to do it again this year!
Old 02-24-2003, 11:13 AM

We do " key" items also and it helps the not so good items. Last year we gave away two guns that were locked together, a Winchester 70 in 7mm and a Mossberg 835. This year it will be a Mossberg 835 camo and a Charles Daily 20 gauge camo.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ed, those are indeed great prices for those items!! I picked up the " Soggy bottom boys" from the silent auction for $90.00. Only two people bid on it, and I was the second one!!
Old 02-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I go to several as well. I belong to a local chapter and another chapter is starting up where our hunting lodge is so of course in our backyard we will assist and belong as well.

Foo, what' s your local chapter in Dallas?
Old 02-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ed those are great prices my friend, a helluva lot cheaper than what I paid for em!Those silent auctions can get downright nasty!Last year me and some little lady went back and forth over an item I bid on for my wife and that gal had her granddaughter stand guard over that dang bracelet right to the end of the auction time!I tried to sneak over when she wasn' t lookin but her granddaughter caught me and she hustled her little tail over there to up the bid!Her granddaughter pointed me out and she just glared at me![:@]I thought about jumping it up about 50.00 bucks but I believe she wouldv' e jumped it up a hundred,so I let her have it!Maybe I should' ve put on my camo' s and been a little sneakier!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought the medalion collection last year {1976-2002} and had to give alot more than that for it, I also got the letter for a chance at the gun of the year but I guess I did' nt win LOL.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

As the VP of my local chapter I can tell you that when an item does not go for at least what the chapter had to pay for it, the chapter ends up in the " red" . Most of the items cost a chapter $150 - $200. So if a $150 item only goes for $100, then the chapter lost $50 on that item and has to hope they can make it up on another item.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.