Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

Old 02-23-2003, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

I was wondering about mouth calls / as I see a post on this Users tend to post that" so-so" is the best. I just wondered ,How many change brands, and have tried different companies...BT

Old 02-23-2003, 06:37 AM

Default RE: Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

Hmmm let' s see...

Quaker Boy, Knight & Hale, Primos, H.S. Strut, Penn Woods, a couple of no name/homemade calls and I think that' s it. Still looking for one I really like. So far my favorites are the Primos Limbhanger and H.S. Strut double D if I rememer correctly. I do believe I' m a little handicapped in the mouth call department.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a few different one. I like Knight & Hale, Quaker Boy, And i have a few old MAD mouth call that they don' t make anymore. I also think i will be try Old Gobblers mouth calls soon...
Old 02-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I' ve use Mountian Side Game Calls out of PA for ever. Tried other brands like QB, KH, HS, Primos and WW but never liked them.
This year after reading a post I bought 3 Butski calls and like them a lot. Never thought I' d switch mouth calls but am thinking about it now (I' ll still pack my MS calls in the vest just in case) IMO their worth looking into.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I' ve tried several diffrent brands. The one I like the most is an OZARK CALLS - 2½ reed. A guy out of Conway, AR makes ' em but didn' t last year. I think he may be up again this year and I' ll buy a supply of them.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The list goes on BT!!!Not only brands my friend, but different makes and models tooHeck I' ve had so many I cant even remember half the time who made what!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:42 AM

If they make I`ve tried them, currently my favorite is Run and Gun and I just got some Cannon Country the other day and haven`t made up my mind about them yet. Not to worry BT there`s a Kirby Classic in the vest too.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:44 AM

M.A.D has been my primary mouth call for about 5 years. I' m getting away from them now because I really don' t care for the new " Hi Frequency" series. I always liked the High Ball and Shipp Wreck. I like Blodgett' s Destroyer, too.

Ahh yes, but I have found the holy grail of diaphragm calls. Gulvas! Give them a try, I doubt you' ll switch back to your old brand.

PBB
Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve switched from Quaker Boy to Woods Haven and also use Blodgett mouth calls. The Woods Haven calls are awesome!
Old 02-23-2003, 03:03 PM

quaker boy- old boss hen or their split three reed preston pitman-black diamond

Quick Reply: Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.