Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

Old 02-23-2003, 03:09 PM

Default RE: Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

I tried all of the Primos and a lot of the H.S. Strut mouth calls...
Old 02-23-2003, 03:15 PM

I have not experimented much with mouth calls. Up until this year, I had only used H.S. Strut mouth calls. I have tried most of the ones they produce. This year I am trying some of Quaker Boy' s Screamin' Green mouth calls. They seem to be really good calls. I don' t rely a whole lot on mouth calls....I seem to lean towards friction calls more.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey MK-M-GOBL i have a few of those Mountain side calls myself. I have a few of his Glass calls and quit a few of his strikers. I just bought a old Wing bone striker from them at the Harrisburg show...
Old 02-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve tried a bunch and found a few that I liked but they are so incosistant you can' t buy the same call and get the same tone from it. Thus I bought a MAD callmaker to make my own mouth calls. This way I can reproduce the same call over and over and try different latex thicknesses for different sounds. Nutin like callin in a big gobbler with a call you made yourself. [8D]
Old 02-23-2003, 04:44 PM

I find myself using the same few Primos each year, a Limbhanger, a stacked Primos call, and a Many Beards.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:46 PM

I' ve tried and have a heck of a lot of mouth calls..bought another one today..Legacy' s Lone Hen..I think..good call anyway. My favorite brands and the ones I take hunting..right now.. are in this order..Blodgett..Legacy, Woodhaven, Run & Gun and Southland...there' s so many good ones out there now it' s just which one you happen to try.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

My favorite mouth calls are the ones I make myself.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:57 PM

I was reading this thread again and noticed that you asked what different brands we' ve tried, BT.

Well, at one time or another I was using: Quaker Boy, Primos, Hunter' s Specialties, Rohm Brothers, Penn' s Woods, Cody, Close Calls, and several no name brands. Can you tell I buy a lot of calls??

PBB
Old 02-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Spike

I' ll name as many as I can remember. Here you go-- Ben Lee, Pittman, Perfection, Penns Wood, Country Boy, Quaker Boy, Butski,Primos,Lohman,Ray Eye,HS Strut,Cane Creek, Mountain Screamer, Springfield, Lightining, Madd, Knight@Hale,Legacy, Woodhaven, Yellow Caller and probably another half dozen.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:18 PM

I have tried HS Strut, do not like them, QB in white latex and green and favour the Old boss hen and World champ in green, and have some Blodgett' s with the Tommy Girl being my best diaphram yet. I have all of Denny Gulva' s calls coming and dying out to try him.

Quick Reply: Mouth Calls Who has tried others?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.