Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

wounded tom

Old 04-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wounded tom

ORIGINAL: ducksmoker

we worked those birds for thee hours an pulled them off seven hens with the last 45 mins of nothing but hart pounding action of hanging up struting and gobbling all the way up to 15yards is that cool or what?
That right there is what it is all about ducksmoker. Lets forget for a moment that this man most likely caught a massive dose of spring fever that which there is no cure for.
He is not cheering cause they emptied their gun on a turkey or "just glad i hit it". he was just telling us the story (and i'm guessing asking for advice).

Here is the best piece of advice I ever recieved.
Learn From mistakes. Not just your own but others as well!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wounded tom

I do not advocate shooting ata flying turkey, but I have killed two flying. Both though, were less than 20 yards and not flying away, but flying by me with head extended and clearly visible. Both dropped like a rock. I would not shoot at one flying away from me though. Like someone said earlier, the shooter was probably young and got nervous and just wanted to kill a gobler real bad. Good lesson learned. Most of us on this site have taken bad shots at game in our lives, especially when we were younger. As we get older we learn from experience. Hopefully the young man learned a valuable lesson and will not repeat it again. I'm sure he feels horrible about it. I wounded a gobbler several years ago,and to this day, I still feel bad.