Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Publications

Old 02-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey Publications

Other than Turkey & Turkey Hunting, what turkey magazines do you recieve? I just picked up Bill Jordans 2003 Turkey Special magazine and so far it' s not bad. I remember a few years ago I picked up a Mossy Oak Special Turkey issue that was packed with great articales, I still have it and every once in a while I get it out and read an articale or two. I haven' t seen it in the magazine rack for a long time.

Old 02-17-2003, 04:57 PM

Default RE: Turkey Publications

I haven' t seen the Mossy Oak turkey issue on the rack yet.I got the Realtree one and also one called Turkey Hunting Strategies that has a lot of good info.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:57 PM

There is a magazine out on the racks now called Turkey Hunting Strategies. It is a special issue. It has a bunch of good articles in it but the only drawback is the shelf price is $9.95.....OUCH!! [] Oh well, we' ve all probably spent more money and got less!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

NWTF" s Turkey Call,you have to pick through all the federation stuff but it does have some great articles as well as some good tips and information!!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:09 PM

I am finding that more and more the turkey mags are just advertising for one company or the next. I hate reading How when faced with a hung-up bird all you need is (insert newest gadget call here) etc. I find that more and more these days and won`t buy them.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

I' ll have to go and get it but I' m sure that magazine Turkey Hunting Strategies is the one that Mossy Oak puts out. It has page after page full of articles. I' ll have to go to the local book store and see if I can find it. Thanks wacker!

Old 02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hardly ever buy a deer magazine any more either. Turkey magazines are getting to be the same. One page will be a story about using decoys, and the opposite page will be an advertisement about decoys. Some of the stories are hard to believe. I don' t buy videos any more either. The best thing is to just get out in the woods and hunt ' em.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:26 PM

Nope,it is not the Mossy Oak one.The price was $6.95 here.