Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Keck Resigns from NWTF

Old 03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keck Resigns from NWTF

I'll gladly accept the position, but I won't take a penny under $475,000. After all, I want to make sure I make more money heading a turkey federation than the President of the United States makes.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just saw somewhere on TV where they listed the salary of a bunch of the heads of several oragnizations. NWTF, RMEF, SCI, DU. Keck made the most if I remember correctly, $325K. They all make a bundle.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love him or hate him he did help the turkey populations across the country!
Maybe someone else could have done the same thing given the timing of the start of the Federation and all but he was the man who was there.
This may be a change for the better or maybe it will just make another person richer than you and me!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Keck was last listed at $380,000 + You need to figure in his expense account, promotional budget etc etc.

This is not guessing as far as promotional and such. I used to work for them so I know a little about how things worked as well as what was going on and have heard this was coming to a head soon. Well i guess it finally popped.

I will say they still have plenty of other issues there to deal with caused by one of the three who are leaving.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 PM

Shocker.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

400K for being the head of a not for profit orginization ain't too shabby.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

He can probably make more now as the CEO of a private company. Running a large non-profit org is a lot of work, he probably earned every penny. Now if he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar helping himself to a little extra, thats reprehensible!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

That's what I was thinking as well!!! I'm sure that had something to do with it!! I bet they demanded all upper people to take a huge pay cut, and of course they must of balked at that thought. Pity!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM

They are a great organization. Hopefully with change comes some positive actions. They have didalot for turkeys & hunters alike. I'm sure the NWTFwill continue & flourish
Old 03-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Spike

I have been on this story since yesterday and have talked to a number of people inside and outside of the organization. I even worked there myself for awhile am aware of some of the assets and liabilities each of the personalities brought to the table through their leadership styles. Just for the record, I have heard of nobody alleging that any wrongdoing was being carried out with the way the organization's finances were being handled. If I do, you can bet I'll be the first to report it.

While it is understandable all of us are speculating on exactly what went on behind closed doors to bring this about, I would hate to hear these guys get falsely slandered for inappropriate actions for which they are not guilty. Like some of you have said, love them or hate them, they were very good for the NWTF at the time and did a lot of good for the wild turkey resource.

Colin Moore wrote an editorial on the matter at southernsporting.com that echoes some of the sentiments I'm hearing. You might want to check it out. The direct link is: http://www.southernsporting.com/arti...?ArticleID=388

Quick Reply: Keck Resigns from NWTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.