Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How's my turkey spot look

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How's my turkey spot look

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

huh.... I'll have to check that out....
Your beer still ranks up there with Genny Cream Ale... No amount of good advise will ever cover that.
Haha! Wow I can't believe you brought that up! My Dad's absolute favorite summer time beer.... Genny Cream Ale.... looks like the fruit don't fall far from the tree after all huh?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How's my turkey spot look

buckeye I'm sorry for defacing your thread with rantings about beer and toilet paper.

Looking at your map, which is a huge help, IF the birds play by this same strategy (and thats a big IF) I'd think you'd be better off down in the woods a bit, especially if those toms are roosting with hens. The gobblers are going to follow the hens in that scenario. No amount of calling will get them away. There is a chance you can get the hens to come to you, and it is a package deal... with the hens come the Toms. I'm from the less is more school of thought myself, if you can set up where they are going to be, you are ten steps ahead of the game.

As written on page one, I would suspect that by the time the season arrives for you, the birds will have split up. I might consider moving back to the point in the little corner you are in, as the birds may travel the fenceline. It depends on how secluded and secure the place is. On the other side of your green line, those open fields look much more promising to me. You are just going to have to wait and see what the birds are doing a little closer to the season. Best of luck.