Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

If you had to pick one of these....

Old 03-09-2008, 03:55 PM

Default If you had to pick one of these....

I am in the search of a new turkey vest and i cannot narrow it down so will you guys help me out. If you would please look over the material below and in your reply write which one you would choose and why. It would also be nice to hear the pros and cons that you see in all the vest. Thanks you so very much. FYI- Enlarge Buttons make the images larger.

1. RedHead Striker Turkey Vest. Realtree APG Camo.A great organization scheme made even better! Front pockets include a box call pouch with drawstring, a double slate call pouch with divider, a triple striker pouch, and an elasticized mesh pocket for your mouth diaphragms.Inside are 2 large zippered pockets, plus a number of accessory pouches and shell loops. Adjustable game bag, padded back, adjustable padded shoulder straps, thick padded fold-down seat, and Buddy-Lok™ attachment for accessories.Hydration compatible. Detachable blaze safety flag. One size fits most. Imported.

2. RedHead 3d Deluxe Turkey Vest. Realtree Hardwoods Green Camo version.You’ll stay comfortable, well-hidden and completely organized when you wear this natural-looking vest into the field. Features quality 3D camo across the front to break up your profile, plus the same well-thought-out pocket schemefound in our Striker vest. Includes a box call pouch with drawstring, divided double slate call pouch, striker pouch that can accommodate 3 strikers, and a mesh pocket with elastic band for mouth calls in front, plus 2 large zipperedpockets with accessory pouches and shell loops inside. Hydration compatible. Adjustable game bag, padded back, adjustable padded shoulder straps, thick padded fold-down seat, Buddy-Lok™ attachment for accessories. Detachableblaze safety flag. One size fits most.Imported

3. Whitewater Outdoors 3 realleaf strap vest. The most lifelike, natural camouflage in the industry is now available on a vest with padded shoulder straps for extra comfort when you're lugging those heavy game back home. Includes 2-1/4'' thick contoured seat and blaze orange safety flag. Also equipped with soft neoprene pockets made to protect your box calls, 2 pockets with internal shell loops, and 2 rear bottle pockets. Color: Realtree Hardwoods Green® HD™. Machine wash. Imported.

4. Hunter's Specialties Turkey Vest. Realtree APG Camo.With the padded back and extra-thick, triangular, fold-down ground seat you'll be comfortable for hours of still-hunting. The triangular seat is held in place by a quick-release buckle that makes the up-and-down easy. Padded shoulder straps provide extra comfort for all-day hunts, and a sternum strap serves to keep the vest in place. A generous offering of pockets provides plenty of space for storing calls, a facemask, gloves, GPS and other accessories so important to a successful hunt. A special elastic-throated water bottle pocket is provided on each side of the vest, for adequate hydration during the day. This vest comes with a Gun Stock Buddy strap that can be positioned on either shoulder, holding the stock of your gun securely out of the way and freeing up your hands for calling. The vest is constructed of tough, fade- and tear-resistant brushed polyester that is whisper quiet. A zippered game pouch on the back is large enough for lots of pheasants, or one really large tom. There is also a zippered pocket that holds a fold-out orange safety flag, to make your trip into and out of the woods safer.

5. Primos Gobbler Vest II. Realtree APG Camoversion. Primos' Gobbler Vest has the functional features you need to stay comfortable and organized for your turkey-hunting adventure. Closed-cell foam cushion with clip-buckle quick-detach for a comfortable, waterproof seat anywhere you need one. A convenient strap helps you position the cushion while sitting down. A padded backrest adds to the vest's comfort. Closed-cell foam padding on each shoulder reduces recoil. Quick-grab pockets make finding your gloves, mask or other items easy. Silencer Box Call Holster™ on right side separates the lid and box for quiet carry. Right side also has an extra-large zippered pocket with two 6" expandable mesh pockets inside. Left side has an extra-large zippered pocket with a 12"-deep sleeve perfect for any regular or oversized box call.

Whitewater outdoors 3d realleaf full turkey vest. Equipped with 11 outer pockets and 7 inner pockets so you'll have room for just about anything. Other features include rubber-coated snaps with the Whitewater logo; a back pad, and blaze safety flag that can be stored when not in use; bloodproof game bag. Color: Realtree AP HD™. Machine wash. Imported.

There are your choices that you must pick from. I am counting on you to help me in my decision.

[align=left]
[/align][/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]
Old 03-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had to pick one of these....

I love leafy wear for turkey hunting so Id go with the whitewater. If you like to run and gun choose the strap vest. If you sit more often use the full vest.

I have the full whitewater vest w/ zip off sleeves.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought the HS Turkey Vest, I really like it, got it on sale for $30. It has A LOT of pockets, but there is only 1 secure pocket for a pot call, the only real downfall, because I like to take 3 with me. There really isn't specific pockets for certain things, like other vests. I do like the gun strap though, comes in handy. The seat is very nice, everything is very light weight. The HS Turkey Vest is the only one I have used, bought it yesterday, so I really don't know anyhting about the rest. I will also be using it during Deer Season, this is a good by IMO.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:04 PM

Either go with 5 or 6 because the straps on the other can hurt your shoulders.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok here it goes
#1 i think the shoulder straps would get in the way when you shoulder your gun, plus i dont like the white lining on the inside.
#2 it is nice that is has a padded back like the others, this could be a viable option not really any cons
#3 nice thick padded straps and seat but NO sternum strap to keep it from sliding off your shoulders
#4 alot of pockets but not call specific pockets. like the gun strap
#5 i like the clean and organized look of this one. not as many pockets but looks more comfortable.
#6 3d leaf looks great but i have a feeling you may have trouble getting into your call pockets with all that in the way.

to be honest i would sugget trying at least your top 2 picks on before buying to make sure.
If it was up to me either #2 or #5.
#2 for short days but could also be comfortable for long afternoons.
#5 for all day hunts.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Wish I could help you. I carry the Mossy Oak Super Hybrid Elite III and love it. I do like the look of the Primos vest though.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM

Any others out there who would like to contribute there information? I am leaning towards number 2. Leafy, strap, realtree camo, good pocket setup, decent seat. Looks good for me.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Strutter20

Any others out there who would like to contribute there information? I am leaning towards number 2. Leafy, strap, realtree camo, good pocket setup, decent seat. Looks good for me.
Plus its on sale right now, at Cabelas.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really thought about this one too. Its a Beard Buster Run N' Gun Turkey Belt.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

3. I prefer straps. I don't like the white inside of 1.

Quick Reply: If you had to pick one of these....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.