Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Time & Motion™ Essentials Vest

Old 03-07-2008, 05:22 PM

Default Time & Motion™ Essentials Vest

Does anyone have this vest? It looks better than the redhead or hunters spec. ones i have been looking at. If you have it, do you like it and does it have enough pockets for all your gear?

Old 03-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Time & Motion™ Essentials Vest

Just my opinion but I bought one and kept it here for a while and then decided against it. There are lots of bells and whistles for pockets, but they are mighty small and my biggest beef is the fabric the vest is made out of, its a very fine mesh that I can see getting ripped to shreds in a heartbeat of two, especially if there is greenbrair around. I've been using the same plain old no frills vest for 7 years that I purchased from Gander mountain for 25 bucks. Its now seen its day and after I turned the Ole Tom vest in that you show above, I purchased a Hunters Specialties (HS STRUT) vest called the ATV, my brother has used one for 2 years and loves his. Again, just my opinion but I like lots of pocket space but not with all of the additions for strikers, calls, this kind of call and that kind of call.

Again, Just my opinion.

Good luck with whatever you end up with!
Old 03-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont really understand why you guys need soo many pockets, i fo out in a camo jacket (that has two hip level and two chest level pockets) and i can carry out two box calls, a gobbler shaker, binoculars, and several diaphrams other then that i put three rounds in my gun (more often then not i just put two rounds) then im done thats all i go out with
Old 03-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

To each his own I guess. I have this vest which I bought 3 years ago. I feel it's the best vest out there bar none. Very well thought out and made for warm weather. This vest is stronger than what you think it is and mine is like brand new. I've had Mossy Oak vest that fell apart within our turkey season. Quaility on Mossy Oak stuff is in my opinion is terrible and very poorly made for the amount of moneythey want and poorly thoughtout. A buddy of mine bought Mossy Oak rain gear suit and it leaked from day 1 and just fell apart. It's JUNK.

IfI could suggest toOl'Tom about 1 improvement on this vest it would be to make the two front pockets drop down like a shelf instead opening up like a book.Other than that this is one great vest.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 AM

hunters specialties atv vest?? Never heard of it but they have an suv vest.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 PM

I bought the 'Ol Tom Strap Vest andhave used it for Two years. Itis a very good vest has more than enough Pockets to hold all your Turkey Hunting Needs and wants. It is also constructed very well and has Zipper and Magnets on all the Pockets.We hunt in some of the thickestwoods around in Central Florida and have had not problems with this Vesttearing or snagging! I am looking forward to another fun filled year of Turkey Hunting using this Vest. I would recommend tis Vet to anyone that is looking for a New Turkey Vest!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

rutnstrutgamecalls,
You being in Florida, if you want to try the slickest setup, try Ol'Tom's vestless setup. Outstanding! I started using this system last year and it's the neatest thing since slice bread. If yea go to their web site andlook underInnovations.
Click on "Vestless Hunting". Check it out. Good Luck this year!