Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbler guilitine

Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Gobbler guilitine

Has anybody used the Gobbler guillitine broadhead? If so, please let me know what you think. I heard they do not fly like a field point as claimed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ... SHOTARYE
Old 03-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gobbler guilitine

I've used them and one of my buddys has used them for the last couple of years. They are not long distance broadheads for sure, of course you're aiming at the head/neck area only, so there's enough reason to keep the shots under 20 yards with them. They are very effective. Several things about them make them not so attractive to most guys. If practice with the broadheads, you will ruin the blades. They aren't very tough. Your arrow will need to be longer than your normal hunting arrows to get the blades out in front of the riser and you will need to also pay attention to the clearence under your sights. Having them in a normal quiver is tricky, you really got to be careful with those blades around your strings and cable.
What we have done in the past is get our longer arrows and put 125 field points on and practice to get sighted in for the set up. Then we take one or two shots with the guillitines to verify that they will impact at the same point as the field points do. We found that if you spin test them and if they don't spin true, they certainly won't fly true. So spin test them, if they don't spin true take them apart and try to move blades from one spot to another and re-assemble them and spin test them again. Once them spin true, they will fly like the field points do. We even use blazer vanes on our arrows. The 5" vanes might allow an arrow with a less than true broadhead fly better.
One thing is for certain, no tracking is necassary. You hit the turkey in the head or neck and you won't have any worrys about recovery.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM

I know lots of guys that swear by them.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use them. They are awesome. They are fairly simple to put together so I just put the blades on when I get into my blind. that way I can put the arrows in the quiver like normal, then I set the ready arrows off to the side until I see a bird coming. They fly great if put together properly. I put the blades in the orginal case and put a towel in with them so they dont make noise or get dull. Hope this helps and please ask any other questions you might have.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM

I like them ya know that dang I missed by a 1/2 in. thats gone with the Guillitine. they preform well. Keep a reg. broadhead ready in your blind just in case the bird wont give you that perfect neck shot.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 PM

They are crap and are way too fragile, expensive and you may or may not have to completely change your rig as well as buy special arrows. Yeah its cool to see the head get cut off but a well placed wing shot with an expandable is the way to go.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 PM

How much meat damage are you getting with wing shot expandables??
Old 03-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are crap and are way too fragile, expensive and you may or may not have to completely change your rig as well as buy special arrows.
They are about the same price as other broadheads, Maybe a bit more. I bought some regular hunting arrows for $5 bucks and they work great with the broadheads. There are two things that I personally dont like about body shots on turkeys. One is that the chance of wounding and not recovering is a lot higher than using the Guillotine, Also depending on the shot you can lose some of the meat.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look into these...they fly better and made better. They dont need the tubes on the blade either. Come in 100 and 125gr. The 100 gr can be used on head or body shots. The 125s are head shots only.

Magnus Bullhead[/align]
Broadheads / Magnus [/align]

[/align]

Item #:105164[/align]Favorites

Your Price:
$39.99
Size:[/align]100 Grain - $39.99125 Grain - $39.99

Magnus« Bullhead Broadheads
Arrow that tom with confidence and don't worry about tracking him with the new Bullhead Broadheads by Magnus. These broadheads have excellent flight out of the fastest bows and ensure a clean, ethical kill. The large cutting surface is created for head and neck shots for turkey and all sorts of small game. While most broadheads bury in the weeds after a missed shot, the large diameter of the blades act as a brake and stop the arrow from sneaking into grass and cover. The 100-grain, three blade has a 3" cutting surface, while the 125-grain has a 4" cutting surface with razor-sharp stainless steel blades with a thickness of .048 thousands. The screw-in ferrule is made out of the strongest aircraft aluminum for extreme strength and durability. Heads come assembled with one set of practice blades. Per 3. Replacement blades available. Check state game laws to see if this head is legal in your state.
[/align]
Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 PM

I have had good results with their flight. Totally awesome when you connect!!

Quick Reply: Gobbler guilitine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.