Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Redhead Striker Turkey Vest.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Default Redhead Striker Turkey Vest.

[align=center] NEW
RedHead® Striker Turkey Vest with Buddy-Lok™ for Men[/align]

Vests that carry more gear with less trouble!
Hydration-compatible turkey vests with Buddy-Lok keep your hands free.
The Buddy-Lok System is like having an extra pair of hands with you while you’re hunting. Its highly versatile lockingsystem secures gear tightly and securely, leavingyou free to worry about the task at hand. Lookfor accessories like GPS units and water bottlesequipped with Buddy-Lok adapters.

A great organization scheme made even better! Front pockets include a box call pouch with drawstring, a double slate call pouch with divider, a triple striker pouch, and an elasticized mesh pocket for your mouth diaphragms.Inside are 2 large zippered pockets, plus a number of accessory pouches and shell loops. Adjustable game bag, padded back, adjustable padded shoulder straps, thick padded fold-down seat, and Buddy-Lok™ attachment for accessories.Hydration compatible. Detachable blaze safety flag. One size fits most. Imported.

Is this a better or worse vest than the Hunter specialties Tukrey vest. I think i like the pocket setup more on this one. The HS one is just large open pockets. Does anyone have this vest? If so what do you think of it? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Redhead Striker Turkey Vest.

If you hit the enlarge button you can see a bigger view.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

For $40 it's probably not a bad vest. It's like everything else though, you get what you pay for.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pad looks thin and why in the heck would anyone make a turkey vest with WHITE on the inside? Sure yeah the turkeys might not ever see it, but good lord of all colors WHITE?????
Old 03-05-2008, 05:13 PM

i have a redhead vest. bought it when i worked at bass pro about 5years ago. its held up, and i'm tough on hunting gear. I would normally never recommend redhead gear, their clothing falls apart easily, but the turkey vests seem ok.
The one you have pictured is kind of odd with the white liner inside... and make sure you check out the butt pad...thats the most important part.. i had to put a seperate pad on mine, but mine has a built in seat like a foldable stadium chair..
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

You are right about the large open pockets being no good. The vest i have had for the past few years is like that and it has been a pain. nothing is seperated or held tightly. As a result anything you put in the pockets rattles around and makes noise, not to mention you have to dig for the gear you want. I just ordered a Primos Gobbler vest the other day. I haven't got my hands on it yet but I have seen them in the stores and they are really nice. Cabelas.com had them on sale for 39 bucks...pretty reasonable in my opinion.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 AM

If my memory serves me correctly, I tried that one on at BPS last year. It is said to be one size fits all. For me it was too big and not at all comfortable. I'm 6'0" 200 lbs, 36" waist and it would not tighten down. I couldn't have imagined trying to move quickly with it on and full of gear.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:51 PM

was the inside of yours white when you tried it on at BPS?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one last year, fits well, plenty of room for everything, decent seat. I checked mine while ago, the inside is all camo, if you're wearing it there should be no issue with the white.... For the $$, I think it's a good vest.